A break from your regularly scheduled blogging…
September 16, 2014 § Leave a comment
…to let you know that, with the academic year starting, I have space for three more students – who wants in?
For those of you who only know me as a blogger, or an alt. musician – like most freelance musicians, I also teach – voice, piano and composition. There’s more information on my classical training/career and alternative career on my website, but the short version:
- I received my Bachelor of Music from King’s College London, and my Master of Music from Goldsmith’s. Vocal training with Alison Wells, Cameron Burns, Dai Miller and Emma Kirkby.
- I’ve been teaching for more than ten years now – beginning informally, with choir coaching and student support when I was a student myself, and more formally for the past six years.
- I teach all ages (youngest so far has been 4 years old, and the oldest 60), and absolute beginners to those preparing for university/higher grades/diploma. My teaching style is very much focused on foundational technique, with genre requirements/requests led by my students.
- I have a particular interest in helping trans people to train their voices – on or off hormone treatments.
- A lot of work with my students focuses on bodily and mental relaxation and confidence, and just generally having a lovely time making noises. I’m a firm believer in the ethos that music is every human’s birthright – and I love helping people explore their musical possibilities.
- I teach from my home in Zone 2 South London – £30 for an hour’s lesson.
If that sounds like something you might be interested in – or if you know someone who might be interested – do drop me a line at email@example.com.
Thank you – regular blogging resumes next week.